Thursday, January 15, 2009

Not current events...

These are a few pictures that I took at the beginning of December, before the girls and I left on our vacation. But they are things I would like to look back and remember.

I had put the girls to bed one evening, and I could hear Adelynne telling Amy to shush. Then I think Adelynne felt the need to give Amy a stuffed animal. I was ignoring the girls for a while, but then giggling girls finally got my attention, and this was what I found when I went to investigate. It was too cute to be mad about. Adelynne had given Amy every last stuffed animal and baby doll available. What a nice big sister.


Adelynne was putting on her chapstick, or "lips" as she calls them, and Amy was watching very intently. Adelynne noticed her audience and very sweetly asked Amy if she wanted some. Amy nodded yes in her usual way, so instead of Adelynne handing over the chapstick, she very tenderly applied it to Amy's lips. It was one of the moments that I so love to see between my girls because they don't happen very often.


Adelynne loves building blanket forts in the front room. It has practically become a daily routine. Aubree was invited over this day, and the girls enjoyed it together. This day the fort was used as their own personal library and reading corner. Aubree was very sweet to Amy and was reading her books. Aubree is such a good friend to my girls, we are so glad to have her be our neighbor.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha! they are so cute! I got a good laugh about all the toys in Amy's bed. Way too cute! Definitely one of those moments to laugh instead of get upset. Thanks for posting Sis, I love ya! -Amy