The girls and I are currently in California, so there won't be any pictures or too many posts for a while, but I had to write about an event that happened today. My grandmother called to ask what she could get the girls for Christmas, Amy was screaming at me while I was trying to talk on the phone, so my grandmother offered to call me back, for which I was very grateful. So I had some time to talk to Adelynne about what she wanted for Christmas. Now, Dustin and I have had this conversation with Adelynne too many times to count or remember, but Adelynne's answer has always been consistent. She always has replied, "Roller skates." (I don't know why, but that's what she wants). At first she would call them "rollie skates." But that didn't last long. It has been great that she has been so consistent and it has made it somewhat easy for us. But we needed to know what else she might want. And eventually we got her to add on to her list. So now she says "roller skates and a horse." (When she says "horse" she means a toy horse). This has been even more helpful. So those two items are covered. (Sorry to ruin the surprise for anyone). Now I needed to give my grandma something specific to get her, so I had to drill Adelynne for something else she might want for Christmas, but all I got was the same answer as before. Finally she said, "I just want 4 toys." (I have no idea what the other 2 are), but I said, "Don't you want lots of toys?" And Adelynne replied, "No, that's too many." I hope Adelynne won't be too disappointed with getting more than 4 toys, because between all the relatives she'll be getting more than 4. Now, I don't know if I just have a practically minded 3-year-old, but I have to say that I am impressed. What child would just say they only want 4 toys?!? I hope she'll remember this when she's older.
The second thing that happened today is while I was playing on the computer upstairs, and Adelynne was watching Bambi downstairs, the rest of the house was quiet with sleepers. After about half an hour, I could hear Adelynne talking to herself. Then she said something which wasn't quite clear, but I thought she said my brother's name, so I wondered if my brother had come over. I left the computer, went into the hall, and leaned over the railing thinking I'd see my brother, but instead I just see my 3-year-old butt-naked. Usually when she strips down to nothing it means she had an accident, but this wasn't the case. She just decided that she didn't want to wear her clothes anymore. But I was quite surprised to see that she didn't even leave her panties on. It was a good moment to laugh.
Maybe they'll be some other moments to write about, or at least I'll remember to write about them. But if you don't hear from me for a while, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
8 comments:
How cute! Don't you love kids? They're the best, always making life fun. :)
hahaha! Hope you're having fun at home!!
Glad you made it safe to Cali...how's the weather?!? Have an awesome time...it's already lonely here, but we're looking forward to when we can leave too. Hope Amy is feeling better. Merry Christmas!
We miss you! Hope you're having fun! Aubree just came up while I was reading this and asked me what it said, so I kind of skimmed it a bit and read it to her. I should have skipped over the part about Adelynne wanting roller skates. Now Aubree says she wants them for Christmas too!! Ah, the power of suggestion.
Merry Christmas. I hope your flight went well. Addy is too funny. She may say 4, but I am sure she will be thrilled! Have fun with your family..
That's great! :) So funny! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
Fun to see you! Have a safe trip home!
I've gone private with my blog shoot me your email at biffysmith34@gmail.com and I'll send you an invitation.
Post a Comment