Well, many of you know that Minnie has been in my care during the work week for about two years now. But at the end of next week, Minnie will have the great joy of staying home with her wonderful mother. This change is bitter sweet for me. On the one hand I am thrilled for Minnie to get to be with her mom, and for her mom to get to stay home with her. But on the other hand, Minnie has always been someone we look forward to coming to our home each day, someone who always brings a sweet smile, love, and friendship into our home. Not every day has been happy and pleasant (not always Minnie's fault), but as I look back over the past two years, I look back on it with a smile; it has been a joy to have Minnie be a part of our lives and she really will be missed. I'm starting to go through Minnie withdrawals already.
But I will look forward to play dates, as will Adelynne.
Here is my ode to our dear little Minnie:
Our Minnie
She's not really mine to claim
but you can't point a finger of blame,
Because she takes naps in my bed
and even when I'm sleeping, I can't get her out of my head.
My Minnie.
All day long they play, play, play
Adelynne always wants her to stay
But at the end of the day her Mommy will arrive,
and you'd think without each other they wouldn't survive.
Her Minnie.
We're simply a family of four,
Perhaps someday there will be more...
But when Minnie comes around we thrive
and our family of four becomes a happy family of five.
Our Minnie.
2 comments:
Wow--impressive poetry skills! What a sweet post for a sweet girl.
Thank you Tracy! I'm sitting her bawling.
We love you too!
Post a Comment