I do feel a little guilty that I didn't invite more of our close friends, but I wasn't being exclusive, I just really did NOT plan anything for Aurora. I really was in denial that Aurora had reached the age of one, I wasn't ready for her to not be my new baby anymore. Sometimes I still feel that way. Aurora's present was an Aurora baby doll with birthday party accessories. Her sisters might have been more excited than she was, but Aurora was still excited about the doll. She really loves baby dolls. If she sees one, she fusses to hold it. She also loves cars, balls, and things that play music. She is a girl that knows what she wants, and she lets you know it! We love our chubby girl, tongue sticking out or not.
Monday, December 12, 2011
Aurora's 1st Birthday- September 2, 2011
Okay, I am finally writing a post on Aurora's 1st Birthday! I had a very difficult time with my precious baby turning one, that I didn't plan a thing for her special birthday. But last minute, I called up our wonderful friends the Walker's, and asked them if we could come swim at the pool in their new apartment complex. They said yes, and then they even joined us for subway sandwiches for dinner, swimming, and a cake I baked last minute. It was a pretty warm day, and the water was so refreshing. All of the girls had a wonderful time, and Aurora seemed to especially enjoy the water. After some swimming we sang to Aurora and ate cake. Aurora did not hesitate one bit. She pretty much inhaled the cake (or at least the part she got in her mouth). And she was pretty upset when it was time to clean her off.
I do feel a little guilty that I didn't invite more of our close friends, but I wasn't being exclusive, I just really did NOT plan anything for Aurora. I really was in denial that Aurora had reached the age of one, I wasn't ready for her to not be my new baby anymore. Sometimes I still feel that way. Aurora's present was an Aurora baby doll with birthday party accessories. Her sisters might have been more excited than she was, but Aurora was still excited about the doll. She really loves baby dolls. If she sees one, she fusses to hold it. She also loves cars, balls, and things that play music. She is a girl that knows what she wants, and she lets you know it! We love our chubby girl, tongue sticking out or not.
I do feel a little guilty that I didn't invite more of our close friends, but I wasn't being exclusive, I just really did NOT plan anything for Aurora. I really was in denial that Aurora had reached the age of one, I wasn't ready for her to not be my new baby anymore. Sometimes I still feel that way. Aurora's present was an Aurora baby doll with birthday party accessories. Her sisters might have been more excited than she was, but Aurora was still excited about the doll. She really loves baby dolls. If she sees one, she fusses to hold it. She also loves cars, balls, and things that play music. She is a girl that knows what she wants, and she lets you know it! We love our chubby girl, tongue sticking out or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
cute pictures!!! I love how she devoured her cake!
She looks so much like your other girls, it's crazy! She's absolutely adorable. I love the chubbyness...Emma doesn't have much chub! I know exactly what you're talking about with the girls turning 1...I am still in denial! :)
Post a Comment