Thursday, December 2, 2010

Adelynne's Thanksgiving Journal

Over Thanksgiving Adelynne needed to keep a journal. She had to write a sentence for each day and draw a picture to go along with her sentence. Here is the pages from her journal, (she only had help from Dustin on the first day, because he didn't know that he was not supposed to help Adelynne with spelling). The rest of the days she did completely on her own. I am pretty proud, but I love reading sentences by children when they are just learning to read and write, it is so cute! So, can you figure out what they say? The translation is below each page:
Thursday: Mommy cooked turkey.

Friday: I went to Chicago.

Saturday: We went to the temple.

Sunday: I went to church.

Monday: I am going to decorate for Christmas. (She actually wasn't supposed to do a page for Monday, but she was so excited about decorating our tree for Family Night, that she wrote this page to ensure that we would actually be doing it)!

These pictures are from Adelynne's Thanksgiving performance. I was only able to get a few before my camera died. But I love the expressions on her face in each one.

The nervous face. She was getting up to say her first line for the first time:

Nervously saying her line: "J is for Jones. When Spring came, Captain Jones, the captain of the Mayflower, sailed back to England. All of the pilgrims stayed in America. No one wanted to leave their new home."



Confidently saying her second line: "O is for One. One day Governor Bradford said, 'God has been good to us. We must thank him for all these things.'"

Getting ready to sing and giggling with her classmates:

Looking at Mom and Dad:

Singing!

The girl on Adelynne's right (your left) is one of her favorite friends to play with. The two of them were the loudest singers in the class. It was really cute.

5 comments:

gpbiggs said...

tell her Grandma loved reading her thanksgiving day journal and looking at more pictures of her doing so well at school. Talk to you Sunday and see you in 23 days

Amy said...

her faces are so cute! and now that I KNOW what her Thanksgiving journal is, I can see it in her writing. very cute! tho, I can't figure out what the picture has to do with going to church on Sunday.

Shelly Beth said...

So cute! I loved her sentences and I am proud to say that I ready every one correctly without help from the caption! She is doing such a good job.

DB said...

Hi Tracy, I was closing out some windows and somehow happened to scroll to this post. I love Adelynne's Thanksgiving journal. Such a good way to keep track of that too!

Our Carlson Family said...

Those are the coolest turkey hats I have EVER seen! Wow! Love Aurora's 3 month pics too. Miss you, Merry Christmas!