Well, just for journaling purposes I wanted to mention that after our trip to Disneyland we spent another day at my Aunt Jill's house. We took the girls to the beach, since they have only been one other time when Adelynne was 2 and Amy was a newborn. They both loved it, and I didn't take any pictures. We went to Newport Beach and the water was cold, but that didn't keep Adelynne out. It did however, keep Amy from going in. She was much happier in the sand, and I am still cleaning sand out of her swimsuit as a result. It was a cool and breezy day, so the rest of us adults didn't do much but it was fun to take the girls anyway. My Dad and Dustin did bury the girls in the sand and make them sand mermaid tails. After a few hours we went back to my Aunt's house and went swimming in her pool which was also freezing, but both the girls loved it anyway. Eventually we got the hot tub warmed up and the rest of my family joined Dustin and I and the girls. It was really nice to enjoy time with my Aunt and her family. The next day we went to my Grandparent's house and visited with them for a couple of days. Again, it was wonderful to enjoy time together with them. One of the things the adults do when we are there is to play "hearts" and "oh heck" with my grandpa. Poor Dustin took a beating from my Uncle John and his sarcasm (Dustin isn't much of a card player), but he endured it well. It was nice to visit with the Bennett side of the family since it doesn't happen much anymore.
Then we drove back to my parents house. Its about a 6 hour drive, and the girls road with my parents in their van and Dustin and I drove our car. We made a stop at one town, but it was a bad place and time to stop because about 4 or more buses had also stopped so there were lines for the bathrooms everywhere. With two little girls that have a hard time "holding it," I was a little stressed. So I ran to one restaurant and the bathrooms were occupied but there was no line. So I waited and my sister came with Amy, and then Dustin came. Then the men's room opened up and I suggested Dustin take Amy to the bathroom, but she started to get upset, so I thought it was because he took her from my sister, so I had my sister take Amy into the men's room (just a one person at a time bathroom), but apparently my sister said that Amy refused to go to the bathroom. So we all loaded back into the car and headed down the road to get something to eat at a quieter place. It was about 10 minutes until we stopped again, but Amy screamed in the car the entire time. When we stopped I took her and was talking to her and asking her what the matter was. She was pretty hysterical. I was taking her to the bathroom and she was asking me if I was going to take her to the girl's bathroom, not the boys' bathroom. I reassured her that I was taking her to the girls' bathroom. And then I realized that was why she was so upset. She was mad that she had been taken to the boys' bathroom. We were at church nearly a week later and Amy had to go to the bathroom so I asked my sister to take her. Amy asked if her aunt was going to take her to the girls' bathroom, and I reassured her that yes, Aunt Amy would take her to the girls' bathroom. Amy had to be continually reassured for at least a month after this that every time we were in a public place we were taking her to the girls' bathroom. Funny girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment