On Saturday night, on spur of the moment, I asked Adelynne if she wanted me to put curlers in her hair so that she would have curly hair for church on Sunday. She excitedly said yes and added, "Lots of curlers like Grandma Belt!" I just love that she remembers that her Grandma Belt would put curlers in her hair! Adelynne sat very patiently for me as I put all of the curlers in her hair. Years of Saturday nights, with my mother doing my hair up in curlers, came flooding back to me. Every Saturday night my mother would put sponge curlers in my hair and also in my sister's hair. I even have a picture of us. (I'll have to scan it in sometime). I wasn't going to expect much from Adelynne the next morning, but to my surprise she had all of her curlers in her hair when she woke up. The curls were so cute! I took lots of pictures because I honestly didn't think the curl was going to last. I thought for sure they'd all be gone by the end of church. But I was pleasantly surprised again. The curls stayed in all day until she took a bath. They relaxed a little throughout the day, but they lasted. I'll definitely be doing this again. (Can someone please tell me what song it is that has the line "with curlers in her hair." I'm positive that there is a song with those lyrics, and I can't think of what it is, and it is driving me crazy)!


The result: lots of cute curls!

The finished hair-do:
Someday Amy, someday.
4 comments:
I noticed her curls today in sacrament meeting and thought they were SOOOO cute! I love curly hair. My mom put sponge curlers in my hair too when I was a kid.
Cute cute cute.
Cute. Spring always wants curlers too so she can have curly hair like mom. I had to learn though because I never needed to do that! It is fun to see how excited they get with things like this.
I love it! So cute - not to mention I love the dresses.
haha so cute! I loved sponge rollers when I was little! Are you sure you're not thinking of the song flowers in her hair?
Post a Comment