Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Good Plan

My friend gave birth to a healthy baby boy yesterday. But he was at least 20 weeks too early to survive. He lived for three hours. This morning I opened up my email and read the words my friend wrote to share the news of her son's birth and passing. I cannot imagine what kind of pain she and her husband must be in. Yet her email message was so positive and uplifting because she knows that she will hold her son again, and be with him again. The end is not with this life, we are only at the start. I am grateful to know that God has a plan to allow families to be together forever. I am grateful to know that God is in control, and we can get through difficult times by relying on the Savior. I am deeply humbled by others tragedies and my own blessings.

2 comments:

Christi said...

Well said. I am so grateful as well.

Alisha Erin said...

I read that email this morning and I couldn't stop crying. And I was awed by her positive and hopeful email.