Dustin and I first noticed Adelynne had a loose tooth around July 22nd. A month goes by and that tooth is still loose. Adelynne was excited about having a loose tooth, but she would forget about it and never touch it unless Dustin or I asked her about it. I remember as a child and I got a loose tooth, I would wiggle that tooth constantly until it fell out. But Adelynne didn't. Well, my mom arrived in August and after she was here for about a week, I told Adelynne to show grandma her loose tooth. Adelynne opened her mouth and I looked at the tooth and could see that her adult tooth was coming in behind the loose tooth. I also noticed that the other tooth next to the loose one was loose as well. But I was concerned about the adult tooth coming in already before the baby tooth was out. So I called the dentist and they scheduled Adelynne for an appointment. Friday morning I took Adelynne to the dentist. An x-ray was taken and the dentist pointed out that the other adult tooth was ready to come in, so he was just going to take out both the baby teeth. So she was numbed up and the dentist popped out the first loose tooth with his fingers and then used the pliers to pull out the other tooth. Adelynne was a champ. She didn't like the novicane injections, but she didn't fuss much. And now she has lost her 2 first teeth!
The little treasure box for her teeth.
The Tooth Fairy was very generous and left her four dollars with a note for Adelynne to keep brushing her teeth twice a day and to always smile.
1 comment:
She is adorable! Love that toothless smile.
Post a Comment