Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Halloween Memory

Today is a special day, not just because it is Halloween, but because it is the anniversary of my first date with Dustin. Eight years ago, I had gone to flirt and visit with Dustin in his dorm room. We were chatting about who knows what, when Dustin asked me if I wanted to go to a movie with him. He took me to see "The Others." I am not a fan of scary movies, but I was more than willing to go with Dustin, and the bonus was the opportunity to snuggle up during the more terrifying parts of the movie. Afterwards, we went to Wendy's for a bite to eat. We sat talking and eating enjoying each other's company. At one point, Dustin reached across the table and using a napkin, wiped a glop of mayonnaise off my cheek. I was completely embarrassed, but my heart was also racing from the gentle gesture. It was only the first of many more dates with my wonderful man, but it is one of the most memorable. Its funny to express gratitude for blessings on Halloween, but I am so grateful that Dustin is a part of my life, the man that I can spend the rest of my mortal life with through the good, the bad, the ugly, and the beautiful. And more importantly I am grateful that he is the companion I will be with through eternity.

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Sarah Iddings said...

How sweet! The first date is always the best....Josh and mine was around this time as well...One of the many reasons I love Halloween as well.

Jessica said...

So cute! I love the mayo :) What a fun memory. Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

What a happy memory. Oh the awkwardness yet excitement of young love.

MarySquare said...

Oh, this is making me teary!