Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Nursery Girls

Yesterday Adelynne picked out pink dresses for the girls to wear to church. Yesterday was a significant day for all of us because it was Amy's first day in nursery! She was old enough last week, but we had stake conference, so there was no nursery. Dustin and I prepped Adelynne about Amy going to nursery and being in there with her. We told Adelynne that she could take Amy all by herself (with us trailing close behind). Adelynne and Amy held hands down the hallway, and Adelynne walked Amy up to the door with the baby gate. Amy grabbed the gate and started shaking it so that she could get in. As soon as Amy was in, she ran for the first baby stroller available, and then she proceeded to find a baby doll to put in it. Adelynne headed off to snack time with the older kids, and Amy was as happy as could be. She never looked back for mom or dad.

When we picked her up, we were told that Amy had done great, but that she had started to get a little nervous. When she did, the nursery leaders just put her in snack time with Adelynne. From there, Amy followed Adelynne to lesson time, and then back into the play room. Once Amy was back with the toys she did her own thing and didn't care who was around. I'm glad that Amy had a great time, and it was nice to enjoy church without chasing her around.

7 comments:

The Short Family said...

Your girlies are so cute in pink.

Dustin Family said...

Those pictures were absolutely adorable. For some reason I had just assumed that Amy was already in nursery (I think it's because I feel like Madeline is SO ready for it). Thanks again for subbing for me. I'm glad that Amy will be happily playing in nursery while you are doing it!

Our Biggs Family said...

What cute pictures of your darling girls! Isn't it great when the kids have an older sibling in nursery? Sammy is a big help to Mary in nursery. the leaders tell us that Sammy is very comforting to her when she starts to get sad.

Anonymous said...

I love their dresses! It is so wonderful that they can be in nursery together!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I love all your little slideshows...you'll have to show me how you do that sometime. Thanks for the invite to your place. We had a blast!

Anonymous said...

cute dresses sis! hope you're having a good week. love you!

Sean and Melissa said...

What beautiful little girls!