Thursday, June 26, 2008
Potty Talk
Adelynne is potty trained!!!!!! YAY!!!! It has taken her about 3 weeks to train, and she has had a couple of set backs, but she goes poop and pee in the potty-in the big potty too! She has done such a great job, most of the prompting was all on her own. Sometimes she still asks for a diaper to poop in, but we just tell her diapers are for naps and bedtime, and since she doesn't like either one of those times, she just goes in the potty. She has earned rewards for all occasions, the first being an Ariel Barbie, and a Hershey's Kiss every time she goes pee in the potty. For going poopy in the potty she was going to earn ice cream with Daddy. When she did go poop she came running back outside, (because that's where I was), "Mommy, I went poopy! I went poopy in the potty! Now Daddy can take me to get ice cream!" She certainly did go poop, and our doubts were later put down by the cleanliness of her panties. So Daddy took her to get ice cream at our neighborhood DQ. That was on Tuesday, and she has done great since then. It is so rewarding to have this milestone in Adelynne's life completed. With Amy I will know that it will happen when she's ready, and not to stress about getting it done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that is so great. I am sure you are so excited. It is so worth it to wait until they are ready...it just makes it so much nicer for everyone!
Congrats to Addie!! Now teach Ezra to do that!!
Post a Comment