A new life is about to join our family. He is going to change things up for sure! These girls are all excited about having a baby brother though, and can't wait for his arrival which should be.... any day now. My official due date is tomorrow, 10.10.14, but if he's anything like his sisters, he'll make a late entrance.
Looking at this picture fills me with some overwhelming emotions. Most of all I'm thinking about how wonderful it is to be a mother to these three precious daughters of God. They were each sent to me to help me learn and grow as a woman, as an individual, and as a mother. I love having just "my girls." And being completely honest here, I have dealt with a few thoughts like, "What I have with these girls is perfect, what am I doing to them and to what we have together?" And I have been sad to think I'm messing with something so wonderful. But, I know I was meant to be a mother to more than just these wonderful girls. And I'm excited for the adventure of being a mother to a son. I'm going to have a son! It still doesn't seem quite real, (hopefully reality comes REALLY soon, like tomorrow would be nice).
Mostly though, I'm excited to have a sweet little newborn in my arms again, and to experience the changes he will bring to our family. My three girls will all love being little mothers to this little boy, and I can't wait to watch them love him.
And perhaps one good change this little boy will bring will be more consistent updates with this blog.

2 comments:
So excited for you! I was worried to have a girl, but once you see that baby it just feels like that is, of course, how it was supposed to be. I am sure you guys will rock it!
I love this picture!! I know how you feel about the all girl thing (I try to comfort myself with that thought once in a while but you know I would still love to have a boy). Congrats!!
Post a Comment