I found Aurora in the playroom on her computer with Zhu Zhu snuggled up beside her. I snuck this picture of them. I definitely think these two will have a special bond throughout life.
I made chicken pot pie for dinner. Its SO yummy. Its one of my favorite comfort foods. Just had to share.
Somebody got sleepy. Aurora is very difficult to put down for a nap. I just have found it less stressful to skip her nap altogether. She rarely falls asleep like this, but when she does, its not much of a problem. Sometimes bedtime is extended, but not by too much. This girl just loves to be awake and a part of all the action.
Mother's Day (one day late) photo shoot. I should have done it with my nice camera, but alas, I did not. I sure love my girlies and I sure love being their momma. Each of them bring me so much crazy and frustration, love and joy. But mostly love and joy. I am blessed to be a mom, and to be their mom.
Can't forget about this crazy puppy. I love how she is perfectly still except her tail. Love happy puppies! Oh, and Dustin spoiled me with an iphone for my special day. We were due for an upgrade so we got the iphone4, and its been fun and useful having a smart phone for the first time ever. Aurora also drowned my ipod touch in Zhu Zhu's water dish in April, so it was also practical. I love having easy access to a camera and a phone.
May 15th: Aurora and I went to a play group at the playground, but all she wanted to do was go to the beach. So we left the play group early and I took her to play in the sand. She was so happy. When we are going to the beach she loves to sing this song from the show Phineas and Ferb. I don't know what its called, but she just sings, "Backyard beach, backyard beach, backyard beach..." over and over. Its super cute. Since Lake Michigan is almost in our backyard, its quite appropriate. :)
May 15th: Adelynne was assigned to do a report in her class about a place to visit in our city. Her class had spent time learning about the history of where we live. Adelynne chose to do her report on Grosse Pointe Lighthouse, the first lighthouse built on Lake Michigan to guide boats into the city of Chicago. It was built in 1873. Adelynne had to give a few reasons why the lighthouse is a great place to visit, so we took some pictures of the best reasons to visit the lighthouse for the poster that she made.This building stands adjacent to the lighthouse and I imagine was once used as the grounds keeper's home, but it is now home to the local art museum.
And the fun playground next to the lighthouse:
We got so close to her we could reach out and touch her. Oh, the cuteness!
Adelynne's motorcycle ride:
The End


5 comments:
So cute! All of it!!! The band aids. The wild life. The big girls and little girls and their mommy!
Girl you're on a roll! Way to go :) Loved seeing all the adventures- as always!!
I want to go see that Lighthouse! LOVE the beach pictures. SO pretty. And Aurora with Zhu Zhu. THE cutest.
So fun to catch up on your adventures. Are you liking it there? It looks beautiful. Your girls look so happy too! Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Dear Tracy,
I really really miss you
love your blog
Post a Comment