Monday, April 2, 2012

5 facts for the day AND a random back-blog post

Fun facts for the day:
1. Aurora is 19 months old-- HOLY COW!!! She's still my baby though. I have had lots of baby hungry days and moments over the past year and half, but every time I hold Aurora I know I'm not ready for another one because I've still got my sweet baby to take care of. (I'm SO grateful for the reality check with those moments)!

2. Amy Girl has learned to ride her bike without training wheels. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dustin removed them on Saturday, and she was very nervous. She didn't want to hold on to her bike, she wanted to hold on to me or Dustin (who ever was helping her). She would let go of her bike every time she even thought she would fall or crash. But today she just got on her bike and I gave her a push and she was off! And then she would use her breaks but mostly her feet to make herself stop. She did awesome! She will be pro by the end of the week, and she's not quite 5 yet. I am so impressed, if you couldn't tell. I love how Amy Girl is so proud of herself too. She just beams with happiness!

3. Amy Girl notified us yesterday that she does not want to be a princess when she grows up, she wants to be a dance teacher. This is a HUGE transition for my totally princess child to make. I can definitely see her being a dance teacher.... as well as a princess.

4. Adelynne has glasses! She got them on Friday and she is one adorably smart looking girl! I was so surprised during her eye exam when she was asked to read the letters and she really struggled. The letters were not that small and she would tilt her head forward with her right eye and squint with her left eye. I was just so shocked that I had not notice her do this before! Or maybe I had and I just thought she was being so silly. She seriously is so cute in her glasses though. Pictures coming soon.

5. I'm still house-searching for a place for us to rent in Evanston/Chicago. So nerve racking! I just want to find a place that we can afford and is in a good and safe area for my children. But even when I get myself all stressed out and worried I still have a feeling that Heavenly Father is watching over us and we will find the right place. I just have to be patient and wait. We can't move until August 1st anyway, so its a little too soon to find a place, I think.

And onto the back-blogging:
Just a cute picture of Amy helping Aurora play dress-up. This was back on January 19th. Amy saw it and remarked how long her hair was and that she had bangs. I guess I should post an updated picture of her with her cute little bob she's got now.
Also on Jan. 19th, some friends threw a little goodbye party for my dear friend Tifani. She moved away at the end of January, and I miss her! Everyone does. Its so hard saying goodbye to dear friends, and very soon I will be the one leaving. But here's a fun picture of some of my friends, Emily Z, Tifani, and yours truly.


And here's another picture of Tifani and me with Dacia. These ladies all have a special place in my heart!

2 comments:

kimi + joe said...

What is it about babies and kiddles and glasses that are just so darn cute? I like your five facts and congrats to Amy on learning to ride the bike. Big accomplishment!

Dustin Family said...

Awwwww!!! I love you and miss you too Tracy!!! Seriously!! Congratulations on the doctorate!!! SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you were coming here though... sigh!!! :) Love ya!