I have been wanting to make a family mission statement for a while, but just kept putting it off. Well tonight my little family sat together and discussed making a family statement. First, we took notes on what is important to our family. Adelynne and Amy were very involved and helpful throughout this step, and it was fun to hear their answers. Amy was the first to reply to the question, "What is important to us?" Her answer, "The gospel!" Our other answers were: going to church, happy family-- "not grumpy pumpkins" (from Adelynne), love one another, help others, comfort each other, missionary work, be a good example, follow the prophet, listen to the bishop (church leaders), be modest, go to the temple, go on a mission, save our family, watch movies (i.e. family together time).
Throughout the day I had been thinking how I could create our family statement in a simple way that would involve the girls and keep their attention. And then while I was feeding Aurora, the answer came to me; a family acronym. BELT. We would make our family statement with the letters from our last name. Belt is a short name, so it would be the perfect length for our young family. And I think when our children are a little older, we can add more to it by using the word FAMILY added on to BELT. So for now this is our family mission statement, and I am very pleased with the outcome.
5 comments:
What a great idea! I may be stealing it...
Really lovely idea and I like that you can extend it as your family grows.
Wonderful. I love that you involved your children in it. You are a wonderful mom! We are so excited to see you guys soon.
i love it.
Luv it!!
Post a Comment