Saturday, July 2, 2011

My 3 Greatest Treasures

I took these photos of the girls back on May 4th. And I smile every time I look at them. I took a photo of Adelynne because she had just lost her second tooth of her top two teeth, and I love the smile kids have when they are missing their front two teeth. Adelynne is my sweet natured, sensitive, compassionate child. She is always aware of the feelings of those around her, especially of her mother's feelings. She doesn't like to upset people, and wants to be liked and loved by those around her. She is a great helper and usually willing to help out around the house with cleaning or just watching over Aurora. Adelynne is very intelligent. Her reading is getting better and better, and she loves to read on her own. She has a great memory too, and is capable of memorizing scripture verses, songs, and movie lines. She loves to write. She has written her own talks for church, and she wrote and illustrated a talk on keeping the Sabbath day holy and then gave it for our family home evening lesson on Monday night. She will write notes to me, and to her sister. I am beyond blessed to have her as my first child, and to have her be my friend throughout the rest of my life.

Amy. Oh, Amy. Can you tell from this picture how much {fun} she brings to my life? But really she does. And I just love her and I am grateful for the challenge AND joy she gives to me. Amy is full of sass and spunk, silliness and sweetness, innocence and deliberateness, oh she is full of a lot of things. She is full of PINK! All girl, but she will definitely fight for what she wants, watch out boys! Amy declares that she wants to be a princess when she grows up. When I asked her why she wanted to be a princess (oh, about 2 or 3 months ago), she got around to telling me that its because she wants to wear pretty dresses all the time. Then while we were on our recent trip to Utah, I pointed out to the girls the big "Y" on the mountain that represented BYU. I then told them that someday when they are a little older, that their Dad and I would have to take them on a hike up to the Y. Amy then said, "But someone will have to carry me because I will get my dress dirty!" It seriously took me a minute to figure out why she would say such a thing, but then I realized that when I said that when she "is older" meant to her she will be grown up, and when she grows up she wants to be a princess so she can wear pretty dresses! Get it?! Amy loves a good snuggle, does not like to be told no, and can produce tears and a pouty lip quicker than you can say, "What's wrong?" She wears her thoughts on her face, but she is smart and quick and loves to learn on her own time. She also loves to write me notes that usually go something like this: "ILOVEYO
UMOMM
YLOVEAMY"
Amy is a beautiful girl that tugs deeply at my heart. I am greatly blessed to call her my daughter, to have her be mine forever. She is a dazzling treasure.

My Princess Aurora. My Light. She is my constant reminder of my true source of Light, my Savior Jesus Christ. That without Him, I know that my life would not be what it is today, that it would not be blessed with my 3 greatest treasures. Her smile reminds me that there is a God in heaven who is my Heavenly Father, and that he does love me. She is a source of great joy to me. Motherhood has been a difficult but ever rewarding journey and dream come true. I am grateful and blessed to have my 3 daughters to be a mother to. I look forward to watching Aurora grow and develop.

5 comments:

Alison said...

What beautiful girls you have! That picture of Amy made me laugh. Motherhood truly is a difficult but ever rewarding journey. Miss you!

Brittany said...

They truly are beautiful and you are a great example to me of a wonderful mother! Love you Tracy!

Kimberlee said...

How adorable and beautiful all three of your girls are! It was so great seeing you on your way to Utah, I wish you could have hung around for longer! Glad you are all doing well.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful babies!! Growing up so fast!

Our Biggs Family said...

It is so great to see new posts of your family! Hope your summer is going well. We really need to find sometime in everyone's busy schedules to get together.