Wednesday, March 26, 2008

bike riding and walking

On Monday, Adelynne was finally able to pedal a bike (actually a trike) all by herself!  She did have troubles getting started when she stopped, but she was practicing really hard.  Yesterday she was doing even better and seemed to have no trouble at all getting started after a stop.  It is great to see her hit this "milestone" in her life.  She's been paddling with her feet for so long, I wasn't sure when she would actually use the pedals.  

Amy also has achieved a great accomplishment:  She's started using a walking toy and pushing that around while walking.  She's really taking off.  We borrowed a neighborhood toy to get her going, and today she grabbed a little stroller and was pushing that around.  It won't be long before she's off on her own.  I know I'm not supposed to be too anxious for her to walk, but I really am excited for her to walk.  Then she can chase after her sister and Minnie and really annoy them!  (Of course it will probably be more like I chase Amy around and she really annoys me).  

Today is an absolutely beautiful day!  We had playgroup outside with our friends, and I (Tracy) played hopscotch with Doreen, Christina, and Sarah.  Doreen and I were teaching Christina and Sarah how to play.  Well, we were trying--I think we were just making things up.  The kids drew on the sidewalks with chalk and kept us busy chasing after them as they wandered off to the playground.   I hope this weather lasts!

No comments: